The Paul Karrer gold medal 2015 has been awarded to Paul Knochel.
The Karrer medal is an international award that recognizes great achivements in science centered on organic chemistry. This awards shows the central place of organic chemistry thriving in the areas of medical science, materials eingineering, and molecular synthesis.
- 2014 OC1 Stereochemistry Übungen Teil 1,2 und 3 are online in the Lectures:Stereochemistry section.
- The 2014 Scripts for New Synthetic Methods and 2015 Scripts for Stereochemistry are now ONLINE.
- The Herbert C. Brown Award for Creative Research in Synthetic Methods 2014 has been awarded to Paul Knochel.
The H.C. Brown Award is awarded in order to recognize and encourage outstanding and creative contributions to research in synthetic methods.
- Paul Knochel has been appointed to Chevalier dans l'ordre national du Mérite.
- The Gold Nagoya Medal of Organic Chemistry 2012 has been awarded to Paul Knochel.
The Gold Medal is awarded every year to an organic chemist who has made significant original contributions to the field in its broadest sense.
- Paul Knochel is the Winner of the 2011 EROS (Encyclopedia of Reagents for Organic Synthesis) Best Reagent Award.
- The "Gesellschaft Deutscher Chemiker (GDCh)" has awarded the "Karl-Ziegler-Preis 2009" to Paul Knochel for his research work between the fields of organometallic chemistry, organic chemistry and catalysis.
- Paul Knochel received an Advanced Investigator Grant (2.000.000 €) for research on "new organometallic compounds" from the European Research Council (ERC).