Weather forecast for Munich:
- The 2014 Scripts for New Synthetic Methods and 2015 Scripts for Stereochemistry are now ONLINE.
- The Herbert C. Brown Award for Creative Research in Synthetic Methods 2014 has been awarded to Prof. Knochel.
The H.C. Brown Award is awarded in order to recognize and encourage outstanding and creative contributions to research in synthetic methods.
- Prof. Knochel has been appointed to Chevalier dans l'ordre national du Mérite.
- The Gold Nagoya Medal of Organic Chemistry 2012 has been awarded to Prof. Knochel.
The Gold Medal is awarded every year to an organic chemist who has made significant original contributions to the field in its broadest sense.
- Paul Knochel is the Winner of the 2011 EROS (Encyclopedia of Reagents for Organic Synthesis) Best Reagent Award.
- The "Gesellschaft Deutscher Chemiker (GDCh)" has awarded the "Karl-Ziegler-Preis 2009" to Paul Knochel for his research work between the fields of organometallic chemistry, organic chemistry and catalysis.
- Paul Knochel received an Advanced Investigator Grant (2.000.000 €) for research on "new organometallic compounds" from the European Research Council (ERC).
- Manolikakes, Sophia M.; Ellwart, Mario; Stathakis, Christos I.; Knochel, Paul Air-Stable Solid Aryl and Heteroaryl Organozinc Pivalates: Syntheses and Applications in Organic Synthesis. Chem. Eur. J. 2014, 20, 12289-12297.
- Petersen, Trine P.; Becker, Matthias R.; Knochel, Paul, Continuous Flow Magnesiation of Functionalized Heterocycles and Acrylates with TMPMgCl·LiCl. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 53, 7933-7937.
- Dagousset, Guillaume; Moriya, Kohei; Mose, Rasmus; Berionni, Guillaume; Karaghiosoff, Konstantin; Knochel, Paul. Diastereoselective Synthesis of Open-Chain Secondary Alkyllithium Compounds and Trapping Reactions with Electrophiles. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 53, 1425-1429
- Moriya, Kohei,; Knochel, Paul. Diastereoconvergent Negishi Cross-Coupling Using Functionalized Cyclohexylzinc Reagents. Org. Lett., 2014, 16, 924–927.
- Saemann, Christoph; Coya, Estibaliz; Knochel, Paul. Full Functionalization of the Imidazole Scaffold by Selective Metalation and Sulfoxide?/Magnesium Exchange. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2014, 53, 1430–1434.
- Klatt, Thomas; Markiewicz, John T.; Saemann, Christoph; Knochel, Paul. Strategies To Prepare and Use Functionalized Organometallic Reagents. J. Org. Chem. 2014, 79, 4253-4269.
- Kuzmina, Olesya M.; Knochel, Paul. Room-Temperature Chromium(II)-Catalyzed Direct Arylation of Pyridines, Aryl Oxazolines, and Imines Using Arylmagnesium Reagents. Org. Lett. 2014, 16, 5208-5211.