Weather forecast for Munich:
- The Script for Stereochemistry is now ONLINE.
- The Herbert C. Brown Award for Creative Research in Synthetic Methods 2014 has been awarded to Prof. Knochel.
The H.C. Brown Award is awarded in order to recognize and encourage outstanding and creative contributions to research in synthetic methods.
- Prof. Knochel has been appointed to Chevalier dans l'ordre national du Mérite.
- The Scripts for OC IV and New Synthetic Methods are now ONLINE.
- The Gold Nagoya Medal of Organic Chemistry 2012 has been awarded to Prof. Knochel.
The Gold Medal is awarded every year to an organic chemist who has made significant original contributions to the field in its broadest sense.
- Paul Knochel is the Winner of the 2011 EROS (Encyclopedia of Reagents for Organic Synthesis) Best Reagent Award.
- The "Gesellschaft Deutscher Chemiker (GDCh)" has awarded the "Karl-Ziegler-Preis 2009" to Paul Knochel for his research work between the fields of organometallic chemistry, organic chemistry and catalysis.
- Paul Knochel received an Advanced Investigator Grant (2.000.000 €) for research on "new organometallic compounds" from the European Research Council (ERC).
- Monzón, Gabriel; Tirotta, Ilaria; Nishii, Yuji; Knochel, Paul. The ortho and meta Magnesiation of Functionalized Anilines and Amino-Substituted Pyridines and Pyrazines at Room Temperature. Angew. Chem Int. Ed., 2012, 51, 10624–10627.
- Kuzmina, Olesya M.; Steib, Andreas K.; Flubacher, Dietmar; Knochel, Paul. Iron-Catalyzed Cross-Coupling of N-Heterocyclic Chlorides and Bromides with Arylmagnesium Reagents. Org. Lett., 2012, 14, 4818–4821.
- Blümke, Tobias D.; Klatt, Thomas; Koszinowski, Konrad; Knochel, Paul. InCl3-Catalyzed Synthesis of 1,2-Dimetallic Compounds by Direct Insertion of Aluminum or Zinc Powder. Angew. Chem Int. Ed., 2012, 51, 9926–9930.
- Stathakis, Christos I.; Bernhardt, Sebastian; Quint, Valentin; Knochel, Paul. Improved Air-Stable Solid Aromatic and Heterocyclic Zinc Reagents by Highly Selective Metalations for Negishi Cross-Couplings. Angew. Chem Int. Ed., 2012, 51, 9428–9432.
- Mycka, Robert J.; Duez, Stéphanie; Bernhardt, Sebastian; Heppekausen, Johannes; Knochel, Paul; Fleming, Fraser F. Cyclohexylcarbonitriles: Diastereoselective Arylations with TMPZnCl•LiCl. J. Org. Chem., 2012, 77, 7671–7676.
- Klier, Lydia; Bresser, Tomke; Nigst, Tobias A.; Karaghiosoff, Konstantin; Knochel, Paul. Lewis Acid-Triggered Selective Zincation of Chromones, Quinolones, and Thiochromones: Application to the Preparation of Natural Flavones and Isoflavones. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2012, 134, 13584–13587.
- Kunz, Thomas; Knochel, Paul. Synthesis of Functionalized Benzo[b]thiophenes by the Intramolecular Copper-Catalyzed Carbomagnesiation of Alkynyl(aryl)thioethers. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2012, 51, 1958–1961.